Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir
Click on images for better viewing.
1. Below a walk in my neighborhood with Miney, I head to the fire road that goes to the local Prettyboy watershed.
As I head up the road I see a deer, luckily Miney missed seeing the deer. She would have wanted to chase after the deer. Sorry the photo is blurry, it is hard to take photos while holding Miney's leash.
My Merlin Birds heard on our fire road walk.
2. In my yard, I like to sit and enjoy the birds that visit my feeders. The Tufted Titmouse, the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, and the Red-bellied Woodpeckers are seen every day.
3. My Merlin App birds from my deck, one early morning. Just a few minutes and I am hearing some great birds.
4. Below is a photo of the Yellow-billed Cuckoo, it is another bird that is a breeder in the Prettyboy watershed. There have been times that I can hear them around my yard and in the forest that surrounds our house.
5. The House Wren is one of the loudest birds in my back yard.
Below are two Merlin App birds lists from my walk with Miney on the local fire road.
7. Our granddaughter Sophie's birthday party was a fun time. Except for the extreme heat, the water slide was a hit with the kiddies.
8. Below I am sharing two of the Vireos, both are seen and heard in my yard and neighborhood. The Red-eyed Vireo top photo is pretty bird and has a loud call. The White-eyed Vireo bottom photo, is seen and heard in the Prettyboy watershed around our home.
I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Check out Catblogosphere.com
Here is my linky:
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!





.jpg)






119 comments:
So many beautiful birds! Do the Flycatchers really catch flies? I meant, that would be TERRIFIC!
Kikeriki... the sound of the bird in the garden of the neighbour. And I say : Good Morning, dear Blogfriend Eileen! Again a wonderful walk here. I enjoyed reading very much.
Thank you for sharing and for hosting.
Have a wonderful weekend with greetings by Heidrun
Wonderful collection of photos and bird sightings! Glad Miney and you had a nice walk, and happy birthday to Sophie! Love the deer photo.
Happy Birthday Sophie!
Dear Eileen,
another wonderful post about lovely walks with Miney, a remarkable variety of birds, family, and even a surprising encounter with a deer—everyday life can offer so much joy when you perceive it the way you do.
Since you wrote, "The House Wren is one of the loudest birds in my backyard," - in our garden, the male blackbirds are probably among the loudest birds, but their song is beautiful. (Just not necessarily at 4 a.m. 😅) However, with the intense heat, we didn't hear many birds singing. Fortunately, at least the nights are getting cooler now, which brings some relief.
Have a good rest of the summer!
All the best from Austria and cuddles to Miney 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/sommerliche-tage-2026-ein-bunter.html
Hello Eileen,
The crested flycatcher and the wren are truly beautiful.
How wonderful that you see the crested tit, the ruby-throated hummingbird, and the red-bellied woodpecker every day.
I wish you a very good weekend.
All the best, Irma
You are so lucky to have a mini bird park in your yard.
They are adorable.
Have a good day.
Hello Eileen,
It was a good thing Miney didn't see the deer. She probably would have chased it, because that's her instinct. Great pictures, and The House Wren is a beautiful bird.
Take care, and have a great day and weekend!
Oh so much beautiful nature and and family fun, belated happy Birthday!!! Here I only hear the pigeons... but ... it´s SUMMER, let´s celebrate! I bet the birds do!
Lindois teus passeios que te mostram tantos bichinhois lindos!
Miney estava desatenta e não viu o veado, pra tua sorte mesmo,rs...
Parabéns pra Sophie e toda família. A festinha foi animada com o toboágua pra amainar o calor! Lindo fim de semana, beijos, chica
...Eileen, you captured with your camera and Merlin a wonderful array of birds. And Happy Birthday to Sophie!!!
Beautiful birds. I have never seen the Great-crested Flycatcher. I is a beautiful color as is the wren. Love hummingbirds.
What a pretty flycatcher. Our wren has left the area, dont hear his constant calling anymore. Great variety of birds that merlin heard. Enjoy the weekend.
Lots of great birds. You see such a variety!
Hari OM
Another amazing array of sounds and sights! You are truly blessed with variety. Happy weekend. YAM xx
You have the coolest birds!
LOL! I remember seeing deers at our local park when walking my dogs, so I know taking pictures is very difficult. Happy Birthday Blessings to Sophie!
I hope you have a wonderful Saturday Eileen. Thanks for hosting this party. It's always great to see what critters you and Miney see.
You are a real bird expert dear Eileen. I don't know most of the names even if I use the translator.
all the best
Violetta
Lots of good pictures of birds, and your granddaughter is so cute.
Our house wrens can get very loud as well. I always marvel about the big sound from such a little bird. I also know what it is like to try and take a photo with dog pulling on the leash.
I love how you pick up so many birds on Merlin. That is my favorite app I believe.
Thank you for being such a faithful host.
You see such wonderful birds even on your deck, Eileen. Thanks for all of your nice comments.
Hello, Eileen, another great post with lots of beautiful photos. Many happy returns of the special day to Sophie and thank you for hosting! Have a great new week.
That water slide was a great idea for a birthday party on a hot day! Fun party. I love that shot of the crested Flycatcher! Have a great weekend!
A party with the little ones is the MOST fun! Love the flycatcher close up and what a treat to see a cuckoo! I can't wait to get out when it cools and see what's out there! Happy weekend and thanks for a fun party! You are the BEST!!! Hugs, Diane
wonderful series of nature photos ~ a deer ~ lots of birds and Happy Birthday to Sophie ~ so adorable ~ Hugs ^_^
Wow, Eileen. You and Miney had a wonderful walk. Beautiful captures. ❤️ Thank you for sharing, and I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Your bird sightings and photos are absolutely beautiful. The Great-crested Flycatcher is my favourite. Enjoy the weekend, Eileen.
Oh love the little wren. Such a cute little bird.
Sweet photos from your granddaughter’s birthday party. That must have been a whole lot of fun :) I am impressed you take photos while holding Miney’s leash. More great ones today. Loved all the birds you saw and a deer would have been icing on the cake for me. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.
Hello Eileen
Lovely to see all your bird sightings, the deer and Miney.
I'm sure the kiddies enjoyed Sophies birthday celebrations, I too join in wishing her a happy birthday.
Have a good weekend.
All the best Jan
Always nice to see Miney out for some exercise. Happy Birthday to Sophie!
Happy birthday to your granddaughter.
Your g'daughter is such a cutie pie. I;m happy to know you're still blogging and sharing your wonderful photos.
Worth a Thousand Words
Hi Eileen, I enjoyed all your photos. I noticed on the Merlin App the location Manchester, MD, and so looked it up on Google Maps just to get a good idea of where you are. Wow, the Prettyboy Reservoir is bigger than I imagined. What a wonderful draw for wildlife. I’ll bet that waterslide was a bit hit at Sophie’s birthday party. Thanks for sharing all. Wishing you a fine weekend and happy week ahead. John
Great photos. Happy Belated Birthday beautiful Sophie!
You remind me that I have not seen a house wren this summer. They are noisy so you can't miss the.
The Carolina Wren is very prominent in our yard.
Some birds have fascinating (to me) names: vireo, nuthatch, waxwing, warbler!
Eileen I love the Flycatcher Thanks for hosting and commenting. I hope you have a lovely week ahead.
You find some great birds! The Great-crested Flycatcher photo is stunning.
Awesome series of photos, Birds looks beautiful. Loved the post.
Happy Birthday Greetings to lil Sophie, God Bless. Thanks a lot for hosting.
Happy birthday to pretty Sophie! 🎂
Birdwatching is a simple but rewarding pleasure. You are lucky when so many different birds frequent your yard or neighbourhood. Enjoy!
And have a great Sunday! 🌞
the fly catcher and the vireo are just adorable. It is hard to hold a camera and a dog for sure. I rarely get photos on our walk. the heat is just awful everywhere, even UK is heated up. good idea to have the water slide, maybe an adult one next year.
Thank you Luisella, for your comment and your visit.
I do feel lucky seeing lots of birds in my area.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Sandra, for your comment and your visit.
I try to take photos on my walks, but most times Miney is in control. The kiddies love that waterslide.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Angie, for your comment and your visit.
I believe the Flycatchers eat any insect and berries.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Heidrun, for your link and your comment.
Today the birds were loud mostly Jays and Crows.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Shiju, for your link and your comment.
Miney always enjoys her walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Cloudia, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Traude, for your link and your comment.
The hot weather seems extreme all around the world. I hope you get a break from the hot weather.
The birds do not seem to know us humans are still sleeping.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Irma, for your link and your comment.
I do enjoy seeing my hummingbirds and the woodpeckers in my yard. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Rainfield. for your comment and your visit.
I am lucky to see all these birds in my yard.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Marit, for your link and your comment.
The House Wren is a cute bird.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Hi Eileen, thank mew so much for taking us on another epic outdoor adventure with mew, we adore visiting to see where mew go next and what wildlife encounters happen!!!! EPIC!!! Happy Sunday!!! 😻✨🐾✨😻
Thank you Iris, for your link and your comment.
I do not see pigeons in my yard, I do see them lined on top of the barns nearby.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Chica, for your comment and your visit.
The kiddies enjoyed the waterslide, it was a fun birthday party. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Tom, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Judee, for your link and your comment.
The Flycatcher is a pretty bird.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your link and your comment.
I have not heard the House Wren here lately.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jenn, for your link and your comment.
I am happy with my yard birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you YAM, for your comment and your visit.
I do feel blessed seeing lots of great birds in my yard.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
One more from me this week, Eileen. We had some morning visitors on our lawn... Thanks.
Thank you Arnoldo, for your link and your comment.
Miney goes crazy when she sees deer.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Barb, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Violetta, for your link and your comment.
LOL, I am not a bird expert. I do know my regular bird visitors.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your comment and your visit.
Sophie is a cutie, so sweet.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Yogi, for your link and your comment.
It is amazing the little wren can sound so loud.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you RedPat, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Nick, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Ellen, for your comment and your visit.
The Flycatcher is a beauty!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Diane, for your link and your comment.
It is a treat to see and hear the Cuckoo.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Carol, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your comment and your visit.
Miney and I do enjoy our walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Bill, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Karen, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Denise, for your comment and your visit.
Miney is ok walking until she sees an animal. Then I feel my arm pulled all kinds of directions.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jan, for your comment and your visit.
Yes, the kiddies enjoyed the party!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Michelle, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Mary, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your link and your comment.
Yes, the Flycatcher is a beauty!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Margaret, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Some birds do have strange names.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Red, for your comment and your visit.
The House Wren seems to have disappeared.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you John, for your comment and your visit.
Yes, the Prettyboy reservoir and watershed covers over 7300 acres. It is like we have a huge park outside our door. It is owned by the City of Baltimore, one of three reservoirs for the city's drinking water. The waterslide is a hit with the kiddies, they had fun.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Nick, for your link and your comment.
I did enjoy seeing your Galahs!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
How wonderful that you can see so many different birds in your own back yard!
Such cute birds!
No critters to share this week but I'm always so impressed by your array of bird sightings and soundings and dear Miney of course!
Oh, Miney missing that deer by a split second while you're wrestling with a leash and trying to take a photo is too real! We’ve all been in that frantic tug-of-war position trying to capture a quick nature moment before it bolts. Thanks for hosting another wonderful critter party and bringing a little slice of nature straight to our screens today.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jeanie, for your comment and your visit.
I appreciate you stopping by!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Melody, for your link and your comment.
The wildlife can be quick, any sighting is good.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
dear Eileen in my imagination seeing you sitting in your beautiful backyard and hearing these pretty birds is such a lovely feeling :)
i absolutely LOVED these beautiful birds .you are so lucky to live in such a heavenly surroundings :)
happy birthday to your cute❤️ sweet grandbaby ! she is so lovely !
Every walk with you on a Saturday is a delight.
I VERY much enjoyed all the pictures and regarding Cedar Waxwings, their garb is SO smooth, so looking like ironed satin!!! that they are impeccably clothed in their beautiful feathers.
What a wonderful collection of birds! It must be such a pleasure having so many different birds visiting your yard and seeing them on your walks with Miney.
Thank you Baili, for your comment and your visit.
I do love the watch the birds, they are beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Baili for the birthday wishes.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
The Cedar Waxwings are beauties!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Lisa, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Happy, happy Birthday sweet Sophie 🎂
Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday
Greetings by Heidrun ❤️
Miney always likes a walk.
I think the flycatcher is smiling. :)
Thank you for hosting Mosaic Monday.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you William, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Sharon, for your comment and your link.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Hello Eileen,
What a nice post with wonderful pictures.
These kind of birds are so special. Really amazing.
Many greetings,
Marco
Thank you Marco, your visit and comment are appreciated.
Take care, enjoy your day!
Miney sure gives you plenty of opportunities to get out and explore the parks. Sometimes I need a dog to motivate me to get out and go for a walk.
Thank you Jim, for your visit and comment.
I do get more exercise now that I am out walking the dog every day. Take care, enjoy your day!
Bonita fiesta de cumpleaños, felicidades. Abrazos.
Post a Comment