Hello and happy Thursday!
I am preparing this post in advance and I am not sure what to expect. Just a couple days after the election, will we be united or divided? Either way, I am full of hope for peace and unity in our country. That's it, all I can say! I will share some peaceful scenes from a day hubby and I drove around the local reservoir looking at the fall colors, the dam and lake.
1. Some images from the dam, there are several parking lots at the dam, you can walk on the dam bridge or drive across on top of the dam. Views of the reservoir, you can looking over the side of the dam to see the water released. Prettyboy is one of 3 reservoirs holding drinking water for Baltimore City, Md.
2. The same day we took a walk on the fire road to the lake, the sky was looking beautiful. I saw some contrails that reminded me of an octopus. Do you see it?
3. I was seeing the beginning of a sundog. I was walking along and noticed the colors in the cloud and was trying to show hubby but he couldn't find them.. Can you see the colors, some green and purple?
4. Some colorful trees seen across the lake.
5. On the trail, looking up at the tall pine trees.
6. Looking across the lake, is the old Eagle's nest. I hope the eagles are successful nesting this upcoming season.
I am thankful for the beauty around me!
7. I like these colorful leaves hanging on the lake shore.
8. We see these berries all along the fire road trails, I am not sure if the birds like to eat these berries. They do look colorful and pretty.
9. We continued around the lake heading home, we pass the boat ramp. There were lots of vehicles parked there, I guess it was a good day to be out on the fishing boats. The tall pine trees have known to attract various bird species during a winter finch season or irruption. With birds seen like the Redpolls, Crossbills and Pine Siskin.
Previous years during an irruption or what they call a winter finch fest I have seen the Evening Grosbeaks, lots of Pine Siskins and Purple Finches. I am keeping my fingers crossed I see more this winter season. It is already starting in Maryland lots of Pine Siskins and Evening Grosbeaks are being seen, watch your feeders.
A throwback collage of the Evening Grosbeak, Pine Siskins and the Purple Finches in my yard. I am thankful to see these birds right in my back yard.
I am thankful to be staying virus free, this Covid virus is not going away, numbers going back up across our country. There are over 4 thousand COVID deaths just in my state of Maryland. I hope everyone stays healthy and safe.
Go outside and breathe deeply. Enjoy every moment.
Take care and stay safe!
Live simple and be happy! 😊 Keep smiling!
Thank you Michelle for hosting Thankful Thursday.
Thank you to Yogi the host of Skywatch Friday
Thank you for visiting and for your nice comments on my previous post. Have a happy day!! 😊