It is hard to believe it is almost the end of November, Thanksgiving is this Thursday. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I have much to be thankful for my hubby, family and good health.
May all the good things in life be yours, not only at Thanksgiving but throughout the coming year!
On Nov 9th we headed home through Delaware stopping for a short bit at Bombay Hook NWR. We drove on the wildlife drive, it is always fun to do some drive-thru birding.
Click on photos for better viewing.
1. We did take one short walk, during this time we saw what I think are Yellowlegs and some Ring-billed Gulls.
3. These photos were all taken from my car. The American Avocet, you can see the curved bill.
4. Various shorebirds, some of the longer billed birds could be Dowitchers?
5. A couple of Northern Pintails seen a little closer to the wildlife drive.
6. A distant view of the Canada Geese, various shorebirds and some colorful trees.
7. I am guessing the birds in flight are the Dunlins, the sunlight would shine on them and they were amazing to watch.
8. The Great Egret tree, a couple of Great Blue Herons are seen one at each end.
9. The American Avocets
10. The swan below are the non-native Mute Swans. lots of Canada Geese, ducks and coots.
11. I tried zooming in as far as I could with my camera, I still can not id all the ducks below. I do see the Canada Geese, American Coots and Wigeon.
Bombay Hook NWR ended our little getaway, it started at Blackwater NWR in Maryland, then onto Assateague Island and Ocean City Md. We tend to see and do a lot in a little bit of time.
Hubby and I continue to stay safe and healthy. Be safe, wear your mask and keep your distance. Wishing everyone good health, take care and stay safe!
What's happening in your corner of the world? Please check out and visit the following memes and links. I hope to see you there.
Thanks to Angie the host of Mosaic Monday
Thanks for visiting and commenting, have a happy day and a great new week!