Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
The days are just flying by, we have not been anywhere special yet. We are still taking our local walks around our neighborhood and to the lake. The grand-dogs are home with my son and his family now, we do have a weekend of dog-sitting at my son's home.
1. Aug 29th, our walk was to the front and to the lake. I was surprised to see 2 Green Herons perched close by on a downed tree at the lake, we also saw 2 Great Blue Herons and a Double-crested Cormorant.
2. Red-spotted Purple butterfly or also known as Limenitis arthemis.
3. It is not often, I get to see two Green Heron so close together. Maybe they had a nest close by.
4. August 29th, one of two Great Blue Herons seen by our lake. I had to take this shot through a lot of tree branches.
5. Aug 29th, back at home I am distracted by the hummingbird at the feeder on the deck, this mosaic below is the same hummer in each photo. On the larger photo you can see a bit of the ruby-throat, it is a juvenile male. He is a cutie, already chasing away other birds from "his" feeder.
6. Sept 2, one of my favorite walks with the dogs is to the lake. On this day we saw the usual Great Blue Heron hanging out and a Belted Kingfisher perched in a usual spot.
7. Sept 2nd, another look at the Great Blue Heron at the lake.
8. Sept 2nd, back at home and in our yard. The Mourning Doves like to sit on top of our swing. Not the best photo taken through my dining room window.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!