Happy Thursday everyone!
It's New Year's Eve, I think we are all looking forward to a happy and healthy New Year. Hopefully we can say bye-bye to Covid and return to somewhat of our normal lives. I am thankful that hubby and I remained virus-free. I am sorry and sad about all those who passed away due to the virus, I am sorry if you lost a family member or a friend.
I am sharing some favorite photos of the past year, fun times with hubby and simple joys of skywatching and bird-watching. These are a few of my "favorite things". I am thankful for the simple things that make me happy and bring me joy just looking at them.
1. January 2020... Florida Brown Pelicans flying by, saying goodbye for now. We were heading home from Florida on the first of January 2020. We had no idea what was coming (the coronavirus) in March 2020. At this time Maryland requested everyone wear a mask,. Keep safe, stay the social distance and keep washing your hands.
2. February 2020..full moon
the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore
you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow
new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and
know it's beauty all the days of your life."
3. March 2020, a Great Blue Heron at our neighborhood heron rookery. March 15th was the last time hubby and I met our son and his wife and ate inside a restaurant.
4. April 2020...our Grand-dogs the shepherd mix is Nibbles and the Corgi is Winnie. . Good news is we are looking forward to welcoming our grandson in Feb 2021.
5. May 2020.. the pink lady slipper is a sight I enjoy seeing each year off of our local fire road. I am thankful for these rare orchids. May 4th was our 30th Anniversary.
6. June 2020.. we managed a Shenandoah NP getaway staying safe mostly in our car and taking a hike on a park trail. I am thankful for the beautiful sunsets.
7. July 2020, another getaway to the Blackwater NWR in Cambridge Maryland. I am thankful for the beautiful and peaceful nature scenes.
8. August 2020...I am always happy to see the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds in my yard. I have my feeders up early spring and we plant flowers that we know the hummingbirds love.
9. September 2020... I was happy to see one of my favorite birds, the Red-breasted Nuthatch return to our area for the winter. These birds return during an irruption year also called a finch year.
10. October 2020... we did a quick getaway to Chincoteague Island, walks on the beach and we saw lots of ponies and birds.
11. November 2020.. It's Bald Eagle time at the Susquehanna River just below the Conowingo Dam.
11a... Our Grand-dog Chewy crossed over the rainbow bridge November 4th. He was a sweetie and is missed..
12. December 2020.. Pretty sky and geese on the field at our favorite local restaurant.. We are thankful for their great carry-out dinners. December was our birthday month, Dec 2nd was mine, the 7th was my son's 28th birthday and the 10th was hubby's. "Mine for evermore. Will you still need me, will you still feed me. When I'm sixty-four..by the Beatles. Hubby and I are thankful we were able to go on a few getaways during this past year. The first of Jan 2020 we were driving home from a trip to Florida, Shenandoah NP, Chincoteague Island, Blackwater NWR are all favorite places to visit. We were able to social distance and wear our mask keeping safe. Most of these trips were spent in our car..
I am thankful for all my blog followers, for all your past comments and visits during this past year..
I wish everyone all the best in 2021, a very happy and healthy New year! May the New Year bring you Peace, Love and Happiness!
I am thankful for the healthcare workers and all the essential workers who have put their lives at risk during this past year. I remain thankful that we continue to stay healthy. I hope everyone stays healthy and safe.
Go outside and breathe deeply. Enjoy every moment.
Take care and stay safe!
Live simple and be happy! 😊 Keep smiling!
Thank you Michelle for hosting Thankful Thursday.
Thank you Yogi the host of Skywatch Friday
Thank you for visiting and for your nice comments on my previous post. Have a happy day!! 😊