It is another day to experience the beauty of nature. Life is beautiful, soak it in and be grateful.
1. I am always thankful for pretty sunny days! These days, hubby and I can get outdoors for a walk. On this day we drove to the Loch Raven Reservoir, it is a reservoir that provides drinking water for Baltimore City, Md. For the past week, two rare Grebes ( Western Grebe and possible Clark's Grebe) were being seen at this reservoir. Of course I missed seeing the Grebes, but we enjoyed our outing.
2. We saw a group of Hooded Mergansers and some Canada Geese just sitting at the top of the smaller dam.
The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been and the memories we made along the way.
3. Hooded Mergansers, second smallest of the Merganser species. The male has the black bordered fan like crest, a white head patch. Below the crest is seen raised and lowered. The female has the brown crest and somewhat of a brownish body. They have a narrow bill.
4. It was a pretty blue sky day, the dam below somewhat hidden by the bushes along the road.
5. At times these birds disappeared diving underwater, I never could count them.
6. This is a view of the water below the dam and a sunburst, not the best photo. But, I am always attracted to the sunburst images.
I will share some more views of Loch Raven and more birds on my Saturday's Critter post.
I wish all ... peace, love and happiness this holiday season!
As long as Covid numbers are still going up, I remain thankful that we continue to stay safe and healthy. I hope everyone stays healthy and safe.
Go outside and breathe deeply. Enjoy every moment.
Take care and stay safe!
Live simple and be happy! 😊 Keep smiling!
Thank you Yogi the host of Skywatch Friday
Thank you for visiting and for your nice comments on my previous post. Have a happy day!! 😊