Happy Monday everyone!
Hubby and I are missing our bigger road trips, so we decided to take a ride to Maryland's shore. Staying mostly in the car and a few hikes. We visited Blackwater National Wildlife refuge, Assateague Island National Seashore and Assateague State Park and Ocean City. We did a lot, we saw the Assateague wild ponies and lots of birds. We walked on the beach, walked on a trail at Blackwater NWR and walked on a boardwalk trail at Assateague Island National Seashore. We were outside during the trip and we were careful keeping a distance from any people and wore our mask if anyone seemed close.
1. November 8th, Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, Cambridge Maryland
2. A Great Blue Heron on an old nest and a nearby Bald Eagle.
3. The most common bird at Blackwater NWR was the Canada Geese. We missed seeing an early Snowy Owl that was being seen in Kent County which is just across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in Maryland.
4. Assateague Island National Seashore, Maryland. First time I saw people riding horses bareback on the beach. They were leaving when we arrived. The second pony below looks like one of the wild Assateague ponies.
5. Me and my shadow on the boardwalk trail at Assateague Island National Seashore.
6. We like to ride through the campground looking for birds, usually various birds can be found on the ground around the picnic tables. This time we saw the campground host, a couple of the Assateague wild ponies.
7. The ponies can be found on the dunes and on the beach at Assateague. It was a warm sunny day. Lots of people enjoying the beach.
8. Sunset at the Ocean City Inlet.
I have more to share from our little getaway, including more Ocean City Md photos and some from Bombay Hook NWR in Delaware. We did a big loop drive, going through Delaware on the way home.
Hubby and I are happy and healthy, I hope everyone is doing well too.
Wear your mask and keep your distance!
happening in your corner of the world? Please check out and visit the
following memes and links. I hope to see you there.
Thanks to Angie the host of Mosaic Monday
Thanks to LadyFi the host of Our World Tuesday!
Thanks for visiting and commenting, have a happy day and a great new week!