Happy Monday! Happy November!!
October flew by, it is like time is an illusion. We are still hanging in there, happy and healthy. I hope everyone is safe, happy and healthy. We are trying to find ways to get outdoors, go on a hike and see some different scenery. On this day, hubby and I took a day trip to Shenandoah Nat'l Park. We were hoping to see the gorgeous fall colors and beautiful trees and maybe some wildlife.
1. We drove the Skyline drive from Front Royal to the Big Meadows a total of 51 miles. This scenic drive is only 35mph and it takes about one hour and 20 minutes. It may takes us longer, we like to pullover onto the overlooks to check out the views.
2. We could see the early morning fog down in the valley from one of the overlooks.
2. We always start the Skyline Drive from the northern park entrance at the town of Front Royal Virginia. We saw one deer, the whole day. Not much wildlife around, I always hope to see a black bear.
3. After driving a few hours, it feels good to take a walk on my favorite trail called Limberlost. I heard some birds along the way, but no photos. The birds were camera shy that day.
4. We did see some colors up close on the Limberlost trail, I always enjoy the shadows.
5. We sat in our car with our picnic, with a view of the Big Meadows. Our picnic was a PB&J sandwich with chips and some dark chocolate for a snack. Hubby is out there with the binocs.
6. A view from one of the overlooks, the colors were just so-so to me. We saw some pretty reds and yellows here and there. Mostly browns and rust colors. Did we miss the peak color time, maybe.
7. Not the best photo, but I watched these 2 raptors in flight while parked at one of the overlooks. They looked smaller in size than a Vulture. They were a distance away, but they circled a few times and was joined by a 3 bird all similar in size.
At home during bad weather days, I am spending time reading on my kindle. There are so many mystery series to read. Right now, I am reading a humorous mystery called Outfoxed by David Rosenfelt, it is # 14 in the Andy Carpenter series.
Be safe, wear your mask and keep your distance.
What's happening in your corner of the world? Please check out and visit the following memes and links. I hope to see you there.
Thanks to Angie the host of Mosaic Monday
Thanks for visiting and commenting, have a happy day and a great new week!