Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I wanted to share some more of the Bald Eagles we saw at the Conowingo Dam and Susquehanna River. I mentioned in a previous post, the Bald Eagles congregate in this area during their migration in the winter.
1. People come from all over to see and photograph the Bald Eagles. I am not sure if it is happening this year due to Covid cancellations, but they have had Bald Eagle photo contest and an event called Eagle Day. There are 3 Eagles in the photo below.
Click on the photos for better viewing.
2. There is a rocky area below the dam, where the Bald Eagles like to sit. Two adult Bald Eagles are seen below.
3. Both the juvenile and Bald Eagles are seen along with some Black Vultures.
4. I took photos maybe every 6 feet, more adult and juvenile Bald Eagles sitting on the rocks. Sometimes all I could see was a head or their wings. But, there is at least 7 Eagles in the photos below.
You really have to click on this photo to count all the eagles.
5. It is fun to watch these eagles, flying around chasing each other. At times it was like a few juveniles had fun playing a game of tag.
6. Bald Eagle in a tree above the parking lot.
7. The Great Blue Herons have a rookery at this same spot. As long as the river does not freeze, the herons may stay year round. Two Great Blue Herons sitting in this tree.
I would say there could have been 40-50 Bald Eagles, maybe more on this day, there is an island in the middle of the river blocking some of the view.
Thanks to all my visitors and for all the wonderful comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.
Here is my linky:
Here is my linky:
Also visit: I'd-Rather-B-Birdin. Thanks to the host Anni.